Friday 18 May 2012

Hide My Site, My Profile links and disable social tags in SharePoint 2010


Scenario:


I recently had a client who, for at least the first phase of the project (and for budgetary constraint reasons), chose not to allow users of the intranet to make use of my site features in their shiny new SharePoint 2010 intranet, however still wished to make use of user profile services for people search. And wanted us to provision and configure the my site host for the time being.


This is quite simple to achieve with a little configuration:


To hide My Site, My Profile and disable Social Tags
  • Go to Central Administration > Application Management > Manage service applications > User profile service application
  • From the ribbon, Click “Manage User Permissions” under People
  • In the “Permissions for User Profile Service Application” pop up, select a user group, e.g. All authenticated Users.
  • Uncheck the “Permissions” item, base on what you want to disable. Click OK to save the settings.


No comments:

Post a Comment